Grateful for Our Past, Preparing for Our Future!
We are very excited to officially “kick-off” our STLM 2018 Completion Campaign – Grateful for Our Past, Preparing for Our Future!
This campaign seeks to undertake necessary repairs and renovations in our Church that will allow it to better serve its faith community.
As many of you may remember, with our 2010 campaign, Honoring The Past – Building For The Future, we were able to fully renovate the Rectory, transform the Convent into a wonderful Pastoral Center, provide funding for many needed improvements at the Parish School and make a gift to Sagrado Corazón.
Now, after additional planning and thanks to the many parish volunteers and staff, and our architects, Cuningham Group, we present to you this inspiring plan for the future of our parish.
These necessary renovations are a response to concerns from parishioners, aging facilities and efforts to bring existing structures up to code. The campaign will focus on critical issues such as accessibility for all worshippers, while creating a safer and inviting environment in which to gather and celebrate the sacraments. Our priorities include the following:
- Altar – The altar steps will be brought to code, lowered and brought closer to the worshippers.
- Ramp and Rails – All ramps and rails at the altar will meet ADA guidelines. Additional rails will be added to the choir loft in order to meet code requirements.
- Lighting – Our remodeled facilities will be energy efficient and LEED compliant.
- Sound System – Will be improved so that it better communicates the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pews – Will be refinished and the upholstered backs will be removed to provide maximum seating comfort.
- Church Interior – New interior paint, plus repair of walls and ceilings due to water damage.
- Communion of Saints Art Installation – This beautiful work of art by artist Lalo Garcia will be placed behind the altar. It will feature: St. Lawrence Martyr, St. Junipero Serra, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Kateri Tekakwitha, Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Mother Teresa.
The goal for our Completion Campaign is $3.6 million, which includes our target goal of $1.07 million for the Diocesan-wide campaign, Called to Renew.
We are so grateful for the many parishioners who have already generously committed and contributed. To date, we have already received approximately $1.65 million in gifts and pledges, which is about 44% of our goal! We are striving for 100% participation and hope you can join us in this wonderful opportunity!
Click below for our FAQ’s regarding the campaign
Contact Yvonne Fisher at (310) 540-0329 X 289 or by email
Stay Tuned ~ Commitment weekend is October 6th and 7th!