Celebrate Veterans Day by creating a Care Package for the US Troops –
Date/Time: Sunday, November 8, 12:00-2:00pm
Location: To be provided, after you call the number below.
We will be packing the boxes outside in the driveway, observing 6’ social distancing and wearing face masks.
Items may be brought to the Zimmerman home on the 8th or dropped off earlier..
If you want to drop off items, sign up to help pack boxes or get more information, call Susie Zimmerman
(424) 383-0284 or email CFM
They appreciate any of the following items:
• Tuna fish lunch kits, Easy Mac or Cup of Soup–single serving items with spoon taped to the top
• Hot apple cider, VIA Starbucks, tea bags
• SMALL snacks especially salty ones – Beef Jerky (no pork products), snack bars, granola bars, protein bars, dried fruit, small packets of nuts, Pop Tarts, microwave popcorn, Pringles in a small can, fruit snacks, roll-ups, gushers, etc.
• Candy (NO CHOCOLATE), Gummy Bears, gum, breath mints, lifesavers
• Single serving metal canned fruit with spoon in a plastic bag
• Good ground coffee (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf)
• Powdered cream, real sugar packets, Equal or other sugar substitute packets
• Individual packs of baby wipes (max 20 per pack); small packages of Kleenex; Neutrogena face wipes
• Powdered drink flavor packets, small individual size (i.e. Gatorade, Lemonade, Crystal Light)
• T-shirts (white cotton, any size); Tube Socks – crew or boot socks – white or military colors
• Women: Sports bras size 32-34
• Personal Hygiene: think travel size toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, shampoos, conditioner, lotion, disposable razors, Every Man Jack Shaving Cream – NO BARS OF SOAP
• Sunscreen, small Deodorant, lip balm preferably with SPF, Q-tips (small box only), cotton balls
• Sudoku/crossword puzzles, word search books, please attach a pencil with an eraser to each book and include a sharpener
• Playing Cards, SMALL Frisbees, footballs, Nerf footballs, travel games, soaker balls (must fit in 12”x12”x5” box)
• PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS WHEREVER THEY ARE SERVING!
Letters of encouragement and children’s handmade cards are a great gift.
Service men and women love getting mail.
Children’s drawings with a letter are cherished (no last names please).
We welcome donations to offset the cost of shipping, which is $18.00/box (12”x12”x5”).
Checks can be made out to “St. Francis Episcopal Church.”
Please write “Military Outreach” in the memo line to ensure a tax-deductible donation.
Thank you for your continued support of our military!